What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viniger for seeds

im geting a batch of ten drosophyllum seeds yey, now can giberic acid be replaced by viniger? how about coke (not the drug the soda)

No. Gibberellic acid is a plant hormon. Not the acid group is used to break up dormancy but the hormon interacts with other chemical substances in a more complex way.

But you do not need Gibberellic acid to break the dormancy of Drosophyllum seeds. I always had good germination rates without any special treatment. To assure good germination you could soak the seeds in water for some days before sowing them.

I lightly sanded the seed coat with sand paper.

What the above two folks said. I always had germination in less than 10 days with Drosophyllum lusitanicum. I chip off the "pointy" end which exposes the endosperm, and sow it on the surface of an appropriate substrate.

how can you prevent damp off fungus and root rot?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Sep. 02 2005,8:21)]how can you prevent damp off fungus and root rot?
good air circulation and a well drained compost

Back