What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viking boat approaching

Hey everyone...Just 2 pics of my viking...Recently open and has not fully coloured up yet but my itchy hands just wanna take pics :laugh:

Here it is
RIMG4084.jpg

RIMG4088.jpg

Thanks for viewing..

my goodness its a pretty baby LOL,
How dark do you expect to get , and will it stay red ,or will it go to the darker side
great pic. do another one when its gets full color,for us .
thanks

that's a sexy viking!! :p lol sorry.......... great plant, I love it.

Hey thanks for the very kind comments...Just wanna ask u guys something...Do the pictures (especially 2nd) look very bright till some parts of the pictures are pure white and not visible?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Oh yea jimmy...I think it would get to the darker red side and less umm shiny :)

I still don't see why this was called "Viking". :scratch:

Apparently it looks like a Viking ship prow... does anyone have a picture that illustrates that?

names dont necessarily mean it "looks" like something..
someone probably just named it "Viking" because they thought it was a cool name..nothing more.

I see no resemblance to a viking ship:

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Scot

If i remebered correctly "viking" was used by sellers in thailand cos its shape of the pitcher looks like a viking ship...

(The curve on the pitcher body which is like the ship.)

Mine is not a very good example but if u search the net you will see those klom viking forms which are really rounded and well.... viking-ish

LOL actually I think it's N.blobosa "Viking" is it?

names dont necessarily mean it "looks" like something..
someone probably just named it "Viking" because they thought it was a cool name..nothing more.

I see no resemblance to a viking ship:

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Scot

flip the boat around, look at it from a seat inside the ship......the way the ship rises up like the way the peristrome does meeting the lid of the pitcher......and yes it was called Viking for this reason......

man i love the way those look!

Nice looking Nepenthes. How about a side shot?

xvart.

Back