What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Hosting?

Does any one know where I can host Flash videos?

www.youtube.com?

tried doesnt work... itonly accepts like real player and what not files.. maybe If I save them in that format?

What's the goal? How many people are intended to view it? How large is it? Do you want it downloadable or viewable in your browser window?

Depending on those answers, I may be able to host it for you. When push comes to shove: google it.

no, I just want to download a short pointless flash video. Ive been searching google, but I figured I would ask, I might just think about going to this one web site I used to allways go to

www.newgrounds.com they should host it their... I just didnt want people to go around leave crappy comments on my horrible flash videos!
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no, I just want to download a short pointless flash video. Ive been searching google, but I figured I would ask, I might just think about going to this one web site I used to allways go to

I've effectively become confused about what's going on. Are you trying to find hosting for something you made, trying to watch a video but don't know how to without hosting it somewhere, or are you trying to watch someone else's?

If it's something you made, you don't need to host it. You should be able to open a flash file (.swf) with your web browser (tell it to open with) and if that doesn't work then all you need to do is download a stand-alone flash (.swf) player (google it.) That way nobody but yourself has to see it. If you want to upload it on to somebody's webspace, (as I thought you were trying to do from the start) then you need to find hosting so other people can see it.

Where I get confused is where you say "no, I just want to download a..." But the point remains: you don't need to host it on the internet unless you want other people to see it. Also, NG might not be the best place as it's liable to get blammed pretty fast.

I wanted to download it onto a site that hosts the flash videos

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/326410

Now rember this is preaty much my first atempt at this kinda thing sooooo.. I would apreciate constructive critasism for any one who is experienced in flash videos and the what not!

Alas, NG has taken its toll on another piece of flash work. If you let me know how big it is, I may be able to host is so that at least everyone here that wants to see it can watch it, but two ADSL lines can't really compete with servers ment to do this sort of thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wanted to download it onto a site that hosts the flash videos

Just for the record, to prevent confusion: you mean that you want to upload the video on to the site (since you are taking something from your computer and putting it somewhere else.)

heehee, they killed it,

so i didn't get to see it.
smile_h_32.gif

WELL even better, Im doing another one, its twice as better. And I found out Image shack can host the swf formats! so hears what I got for the intro on the new one.. Ill continue into the story explaining some detail for those who dont know much about ant species. Im also animating the antena and legs, Rember this is only my SECOND time with flash...

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temnothoraxintroqueench8.swf

Back