What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vft's

• Thread starter shaun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
please help i have never seen this before why is my vft traps getting black spots ?
could anybody give me an idea? thanks
confused.gif

well one u have to give a little more info so that we can narrow down what the problem might me like how old is the plant how much water food is getting

if your vft is new and you fed it it might not need to have been fed and the trap is dieing you may also be giving it the wrong light to much or to little or possibly to much water and the roots a starting to rot making parts of the plant have black spots

also i8s it just traps or leaves too and is it all of the trap/or leave or just a few more info would greatly help this cause

no it's just one plant it is about 2 years old just a few traps they got he right light or they
would be dieing the water is distilled they have plenty of ventilation but i'm getting
growth of new vft's and they seem fine

did you check for bugs

and what about the water or humidity

if none of those are it it could be trying to focus energy on the plant lets all u have to do is eather let it grow like it is and wait for the rest of the leaves to go black or what I would do is just cut them off and see how it grows and if the plantlets are large enoph take them out of the pot like seperate them but by the sounds of it you have a larger vft so I would just try cutting off the leafs at the base and see how it gos from there and please let me know how there doing in a couple of days just message me with a report please

Back