What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft waterign questions

Ok got my VFT's (Dante & Common VFTs). Each are sitting in a dish that I fill about 1/4 - 1/2" water in. They are sitting in my window (east facing). I am finding I have to fill the dishes ever 1 - 2 days, which seems about right from what I have read. Temp is about 80 - 85 (f)

As far as watter goes, I hunted all over till I found one I liked the best its Microfitrationed, Reverse Osmosised and Deionizationed. Figure that should make sure its about as pure as it gets. Not too bd a price tag either $0.89 / Gallon.

So my beg question - does this seem to be ok to everyone?

The best to use is the Reversed Osmosis water.

Hi Ancalagon

Welcome to the forums.
smile.gif

Your water sounds fine. All you need is pure water...which can be distilled, rain, or reverse osmosis. And since yours is R.O. water, it will be fine.

Everything sounds good except maybe the east window. An east window usually gets early morning direct light and then not so much later on during the day. Is it possible to keep your VFTs outdoors in a sunny area? Full sun is good (if its not too broiling hot) or good bright indoor light....southern or west window.

Other than that, sounds like you are on your way to having some nice flytraps to enjoy this summer.
smile.gif

Suzanne

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PlantAKiss @ May 25 2003,10:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everything sounds good except maybe the east window.  An east window usually gets early morning direct light and then not so much later on during the day.  Is it possible to keep your VFTs outdoors in a sunny area?    Full sun is good (if its not too broiling hot) or good bright indoor light....southern or west window.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Where I live (Nothern California) it gets direct sun from about 6am - 12 pm but they do get sun light (indirect) untill about 9 pm. I can't put them outside I live in an appartment complex and kids would mess with them, also it gets about 110(f) outside in the summer, which I think would kill em.

Back