What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft propagation

hi, i only have one cp and thats a vft (acutually 2 smaller ones in a pot) and they are pushing out leaves like crazy and i wanted to see if i could propagate one with leave cuttings, are mine to small? how do i do it so tht it will succeed? i know that it involves striping a leave so that a part of the white base comes off with it and that all you do is put it in the soil, but i want comlete instructions one how to do it so that i dont make any "newbie" mistakes. can somebody help me?

I pull a leaf off so that a part of the white base comes off with it, then I lay it on top of some sphagnum with the white base part of the leaf buried in the sphagnum, about 1/2 inch.
I cover it to keep the humidity up and set it in the window where it gets some sun.
In a few weeks you should see some small plantlets growing out of the base part of the leaf.
I have 3 typical VFT's and 2 red dragon VFT's that I propogated that way.
Hope this helps
smile_m_32.gif

thanks, ill try it.

Back