What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft photos

Thought I'd share my progress after setting my traps outside. I received these guys mostly green and mussed up from shipping and have had them outside for almost 2 weeks. It's pretty easy to see they're growing like crazy and showing some nice pinks and reds. Thanks for all the tips and advice from the folks on this board. There are also some snapshots of the 'big mouth' variety I potted 3 days ago. They still look a bit beat up but I've been gradually introducing them to the sun. My little PowerShot is on it's way out... time for something better.

flytraps022.jpg

flytraps009.jpg

flytraps005.jpg

flytraps003.jpg

You got those plants looking like that!? NICE. When I got my "Big Mouth" is was as small as a newly sprouted seedling.

I was quite surprised too... However I'm sure it's a bit more rewarding to raise a 'big mouth' than to buy one. My goal now is to not let them die. That's a reward enough for me.  
smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

Nice VFT's, where did you get your big mouth flytraps from?
smile.gif

Mr. Cook. I spotted some new growth today and I feel confident they're going to be OK. I can't believe they showed up that good looking.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I just was looking at his website. What size are they. The unpotted near flowering size or unpotted 2-3 year old plant? Thanks for all your help.

I just was looking at his website.  What size are they?  The unpotted near flowering size or unpotted 2-3 year old plant?  Thanks for all your help.

Back