What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vft leaf is going limp

This is really weird because only one out of 14 is going limp.  And its leaf is about 1 inch long with a baby trap. It is soft and can't hold its shap, its like it does not have a back bone anymore.  What is causing this?  I gets moderate-good light.  I put it where the sun shines during the morning and move it around to catch light during the day.  Is there something else that I might be missing?  My room does get kind of humid at night, is it because it could be too hot?

I also stop leaving it at my office overnight for a little over a week now.

Thanks

(Edited by kuno at 8:33 pm on Mar. 17, 2002)

If it's one trap I wouldn't worry. Sometimes they can grow a bit strange. I would check that there's no aphids or anything sucking the sap though.

traps come and go some last longer than others i wouldnt worry unless the whole plant changes.

should I cut it or leave it?

If it's still green leave it, if it turns black snip it off.

Low humidity, new growth is more sensitive than mature toughned up growth. Put a dome or lid on it

Back