What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vft flower i think has seeds? what do I do

My vft recently flowered and one of the currled up flowers is much bigger then the rest.

So I pulled back the black curled up leaves and it looks like their is seeds in it.

So, it looked like a green poppy seed muffin and smelt like plant matter?
It looks like the seeds are in the plant, like stuck in the flesh of it.

What do I do? Do I let the whole thing dry out? Do I extract the seeds while it hasn't dried yet?

Give me advice... I wasn't planning on even getting seeds from the flowers but if I do... I can always try growing them. Can someone give me some advice and instructions on what to do to get the seeds and how to store them and what about planting seeds?

It sounds like you already took the seed pod apart..
If you removed the seed pod from the stalk while it was still green,
taking the seed pod apart, to see white or green seeds inside the green seed pod,
you did it too soon, and the seeds wont be ripe yet..
you wont get viable seeds..because you removed it too soon.

If you havent removed it from the stalk, or opened up the seed pod, just leave it alone until it turns brown or black, then you can harvest the seeds..they should be shiny and black.

Scot

damn, i for some reason listened to my mom and cut the stock and its been drying for about 2 days now and the stock part is all dried up.

So is there anything I can do now? The pod part is still green but I dont think it will last another 2 days...

sorry..probably no good.
how long ago did the actual flower fade away?
the petals..

at this point, you might as well just take the whole seed head apart..
what do the seeds look like?

Scot

Back