What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft bulb division pics and questions.

Here is my Common VFT that I got at Home Depot about 3 months ago. It was almost dead and I brought it back to life.

Here it is now with the baby divisions:
VFT%20Division%20Plant(Medium).JPG

Here are the baby divisions I seperated from the main plant:
VFT%20Division%20Plantlets(Medium).JPG

Do the baby divisions need dormancy also?

I wouldn't think so, but I would hurry up and get everybody planted again. They're probably in shock - kinda like the New England Patriots!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 31 2004,6:29)]They're probably in shock - kinda like the New England Patriots!
That's my Steelers!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Do you think I should put the larger plant in a cooler place? It is in my terrarium right now and I'm not sure if it knows to go dormant.

Depends on what you want to do. You can skip this dormacy and keep it in the terrainium, or you can go ahead and put it into dormacy. It is all up to you really.
BTW- great looking VFT's!

Thanks, I'm gonna try to grow the traps as large as possible so I will keep it growing. If it goes dormant on it's own, then I will adjust it.

I agree very nice vfts you have there:)

Back