What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap grass

Anybody else ever fantasize about a lawn full of flytraps?  I wouldn't mind having an insect eating army instead of grass...and I wouldn't have to mow it either.
tounge.gif

Wow... you read my mind!!! I've fantasized about that sooooooooooooooooo many times! It would be cool... but I'd have to leave a little sopt empty to place a sign that says "Please do not step on lawn, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"

alien.gif

i kinda imagined that once , probably make a carpet out of drosera and a road of pings as well
tounge.gif
. but you know , it is possible , as long as you put on a sign that says " don't let your dogs do there buisness here or else " . if you live in the right condtions and if you got a ton of flytrap seeds then it could be possible .

when i am older i will do that if i move to CA

Hey I could live with that. It wouldn't really matter if you stepped on it or not it'd just re-produce traps in a few days any way. It'd be really cool in the spring when all the flytraps flowered.
biggrin.gif

Wes

the good thing about is that you would need to mow your lawn no more
biggrin.gif

Yeah.. true... and you'd have to have about 1,000 bags of peat and perlite!

But still... ***stares into space in deep thought... falls out of chair***

well on a different note- in the outer banks -NC in kitty hawk a back street where a craft store is there is a large field covered with cacti- every inch has a small cacti- not sure the type but it usually grows on the beach in the sand dunes. it looked sweet- cp's would look sweet to..

You'd never have to buy bug spray again
it is the bug-b-gone lawn

I'd do that but here in kansas they shrivel to nothing during the winter

I would sure love a lawn o flytraps. You would have a red lawn with the red dragon!
tounge.gif

I would have a red lawn too... a dragon lawn

Back