What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa red

Its been a good 8 months since its produced a pitcher since its fall,didnt think it would come again.
003.jpg

Bye for now  Julian

I don't care how common it is, N. ventricosa red is just a darn fine nep! Yours looks great!

Capslock

ditto :p
did you misspell the tag? it says "racosa" which doesn't fit into Nepenthes ventricosa "red"

yea this is going to sound strange but ventricosa is one of my favs. I really like the giant pink form. Looks so nice

Hi Alphawolf
LOL LOL just noticed what your talking about yes you got me but i still think its a trick of the light,ummm can i say my wife wrote it???
Bye for now julian

Another beautiful plant, Julian.  Nepenthes ventricosa (red) is my very first nep so I hope I can get mine to look like yours someday.  
smile.gif

Nice ventricosa Julian. I notice that Neps always seem to sulk when something nasty happens to them
smile_m_32.gif

My N. macrophylla is just starting to grow again after a N. ventrata fell on it breaking the growing point- OUCH!
smile_t_32.gif

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fly-catchers @ April 04 2005,11:42)]Nice ventricosa Julian. I notice that Neps always seem to sulk when something nasty happens to them
smile_m_32.gif

My N. macrophylla is just starting to grow again after a N. ventrata fell on it breaking the growing point- OUCH!
smile_t_32.gif

cheers

bill
Boy, if Nepenthes were segregated and given rank(like in the middle ages to French Revolution), would that be a case of "the peasants are revolting"?

smile_n_32.gif

I like N. ventrata just fine, BTW.

We must execute that Ventrata. Macrophylla is the king...rajah is the queen
smile_n_32.gif

Very nice ventricosa! Is it just me, or has something been nibbling at the lid?

Hi Dave
Ive just been for a look and the lid has a wrinkly edge and not been chewed,it must be because its the first pitcher since it dropped 1.5 metres upside down in front of the heater then got blasted all night until i spotted it much later
smile_k_ani_32.gif
i think if it were a more tender nep it would of been a gonner for sure.

Bye for now julian

That N. x ventrata would have been compost by now if it did that to my N. macrophylla! I did have a friend drop a thermometer on my N. macrophylla once, damaged a leaf badly, but it shrugged it off like nothing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ April 04 2005,8:36)]We must execute that Ventrata. Macrophylla is the king...rajah is the queen
smile_n_32.gif

Very nice ventricosa! Is it just me, or has something been nibbling at the lid?
Rajah is the king (rajah means king), macrophylla queen and edwardsiana should be head executioner and hamata his assistant!

MM

Does that mean bical is the head of the Assassin's Guild?

smile_n_32.gif

I definatly like my stripped highland N. alata. It is currently the best performing with 2 pitchers for 4 months with several changes like being moved from the porch to outside "bog". There are so many dead bugs in the pitchers I am afaind they will overflow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"the peasants are revolting"?

Yes, disgusting, aren't they?

But I digress.....

Great ventricosa! Really lovely red coloration.

An old pic, but here's a V4 ventricosa:

ventricosa.jpg

Ugg ventracosa. Some fool on e... sent me one instead of a rafflesiana. Fortuantly he's sending me the rafflesiana Tuesday. But he said to get the ventracosa. Jeez I bet if I tried to collect every ventracosa cultivar I could not find them. Now people are mailing 'em ot me randomly.

v4 ventricosa very nice,wish someone would mail me a plant now and then.

Bye for now julian

I like the 'Black Peristome' one. I think. I've never actually seen it in person. The one good thing about ventracosa is it pitchers like crazy so many bugs get eaten.

Back