What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa help

JB in Utah

Come To The Light. . .
Well, I'm stumped so far. One of my ventricosas' leaves have started to droop, they used to be very firm and healthy, now they seem weak and floppy/ by comparison - my cultivation techniques haven't changed, except the extremely cold air coming off my ac 24/7 This is clearly not normal. I know for sure that it not any pests, I already checked. Any advice would be helpful.

Maybe you're keeping it too dry . . .

It's not that dry right now, if anything I've been watering it every day.

I almost killed a nep about a year ago from over watering and the roots rotted. Symptoms were the same as your describing. I re-potted in a more open mix and it came back around before I gave it away.

Same thing happens with orchids if over watered.

Root rot.....caused by cold damp conditions.

sounds like it's time to repot then.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Just finished repotting, I added some bark to the mix to open it up. The root mass looked pretty good, there wasn't too much damage and there's a basal that's getting ready to break the soil surface, if nothing else, it got new soil. I put it in the windowsill to warm it up, I should see the leaves perk up once the temps are up. I'll let everyone know how it turned out.

Maybe that A/C was too close or something, making it unreasonably cold for the Nepenthes.

Good luck!

Back