What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Studies

1) LSD and psilocybin are being used to treat cluster headaches, a rare disorder that has been described as more painful than child birth without anaesthesia. In a recent study, 53 cluster headache patients were given psilocybin or LSD to treat their pain. 22 of 26 reported that psilocybin aborted the attacks. 25 of 48 psilocybin users and 7 of 8 LSD users reported the attacks ended sooner. Citation: Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD. From the Biological Psychiatry Laboratory (J.H.H., H.G.P.) and Clinical Research Laboratory (R.A.S.), Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA.
http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/66/12/1920

2) Studies are determining whether or not psilocybin helps treat OCD and MDMA helps treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Citation: Medicine hope for psychedelic drugs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3528730.stm

3) An FDA approved study is underway to determine if psilocybin helps treat Stage IV cancer patient’s anxiety. Citation: Stage IV cancer patients and psilocybin - Patient Interviews.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/14202.php

Neat

Until a pharmaceutical company can figure out a way to patent one of those or something similar, the industry will make sure the government stamps out any attempted medical use of them. The industry is bankrolling the anti-medical marijuana forces so they can patent and sell synthesized extracts/proxies that do what the original plant does. It's all about the money.

We give our kids amphetamines on a daily basis, but people have a problem with natural substances. Mommy's little helper, right? People forget that, newsflash, KIDS ARE HYPER!!!!! Many of those same people against drugs have no qualms at all with popping pills, because you know, it's OK if you have a script. Even better is an online script, right? Oxycontin and Xanax straight to your door, but God forbid we use natural substances (a little MDMA is OK, too.) Starting your day with a dry martini is just fine too, 'cause it's legal right? Not a part of the drug problem, surely. Makes me sick to my stomach. Not everyone knows that MDMA was originally used in couples therapy. A years worth of therapy achieved in 8 hours. Truly amazing.

The problem I have with giving Psilobin (Psilocybin, whatever it's a prodrug!) to someone with cancer is that you can't control it. They could lose their fear of death or they could become more afraid. Luck of the draw I guess.

Marinol is OK, but whoooo pot is such a gray area! It's ridiculous. The one worry I have about making medical MJ legal everywhere is that, when we say it's now a medicine, that's sort of boxing ourselves in without hope of legalizing it outright. Hopefully I'm wrong. I guess there's always Denver, right?

One of my friends was a huge druggie, and his mother was like the head of the parent's against drugs committee at school. It really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Sweet, sweet irony. The woman was so busy on a crusade against an invisible "enemy" that she didn't realize her own son was a drug dealer and a pill popper. But wait! He got great grades and was in the honors program! Gee, guess he didn't play into the stereotype huh? Maybe he was too busy selling his ADD medication that his mother so ignorantly provided him to remember he's supposed to be a loser dropout, because that's what his mother says happens to people like him.

It's backwards as hell is my argument, I guess.

"I guess there's always Denver, right?"

Ahhhh.... Rocky mountain high................

Back