What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various pygmy drosera photos

Hi everyone,

Most of my pygmies are flowering at this time of the year. Here are a couple. Enjoy.
D.mannii rosettes
D.mannii.jpg

D.mannii in flower. The flowers are bigger than the plant. These are the first two flowers of the season although the plants are sending up a ton of scapes at the moment.
D.mannii%20with%20flowers%20larger%20than%20rosette.jpg

D.pycnoblasta flowers
D.pycnoblasta%202%20stalks%20with%20tons%20of%20flower.jpg

Although this is not in flower...D.ericksoniae x pulchella working together to take down a large cranefly.
D.ericksoniae%20x%20pulchella%20working%20together%20to%20catch%20a%20large%20cranefly.jpg

thoes are the best pygmies i have ever seen what is you're secret?
smile.gif

Nice! I hope mine get to be as healthy as yours!

SF

Congratulations on your fine success with Drosera pycnoblasta: it is a very difficult subject! My current gemmaelings are already making their stipule cones, and are barely plants yet. I anticipate that I will lose these plants yet again despite textbook perfect conditions. I refuse to give up though, and if I lose this batch, next season I am going to try them in pure crused laterite with no peat at all, provided I ever find gemmae again.

The Drosera mannii is also a favorite. This plant is named after Phill Mann who is a very dear friend and has a lot of stormy controversial history attached to the name. It pleases me to no end that the plant carries the name of such a icon of the CP world: a fitting tribute to a man who has given so much over the decades to the community. The color on your plants is superb!

Keep it up!

Back