What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various fungi growing in my drosera pots!

grrr! there are little fiborous fungi growing all over my drosera pots, which i'm sure would be fascinating to observe if i wasn't afraid they'd do something nasty to my seeds. right now i'm moving them closer to the nice sunny south-facing window, on the theory that fungi hate sun and air circulation while seeds quite enjoy them. will this work? will the fungi even hurt the seeds or am i overreacting?

thanx!

Hi Moonflower, your theory is accurate! You can do two other things. One is to use a pair of tweezers and remove what you can, without disturbing the plants. The other is to apply some cinnamon. Though I haven't used it myself, it has been suggested by others.
smile.gif

heheh already ripped out a large portion of the infected sphag (it was mostly around the edges which got less light) and i'm probably going to hunt down some powdered sulphur for my violets (mildew)anyway so i was thinking of using that on the 'dew seeds.

but cinnamon, you say? i've never heard of that... maybe i'll give it a try...

Good luck /skill with it! Also, while doing a search for pigmy dew gemmae, I came across a previous topic abut wanting some. Coincidently, Glenn sent me a bunch a couple months ago and all have sprouted.

Back