What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vannila orchid care questions

• Thread starter Camden M
  • Start date
Was wondering how you take care of it as I have no experience. Basically an overview of it.

I got a small one from a majro retailers website a few years ago. I grow it indoors on a windowsill in Wisconsin, and it does pretty good, vine is a few feet long now (but has not branched at all). I have yet to repot, but I don't believe they have much of a root system. I mist it every few days, and give it orchid fertilizer every few weeks. I made a moss poll, but I tend to neglect it and let it dry out. Currently, the thing is just climbing around the pots near it!

Was wondering how you take care of it as I have no experience. Basically an overview of it.
Mine seem to love the lowland conditions I recently put them in. You'll also want something for them to climb and put their roots into for moisture, as they rely on their aerial roots as they grow longer.

I give mine 80-95°F and 75-85% humidity, probably higher at night. Medium light levels.

Back