What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia

G

I received this Utricularia from someone on TF and it was labeled as U. livida. Problem is, now that it's bloomed it doesn't look a thing like my other U. livida flowers.

Utricularia.jpg

nah its not livida. dichotoma maybe? it reminds me of my novae-zealandiae i recently flowered other than the color isnt right, so i would guess some variety of dichotoma.

I don't think its U. dichotoma, dichotoma has more of a rounded appearance. That looks like a form of U. bisquamata.

that was going to be my second guess but my bisquamata hasnt bloomed in awhile so i had no recent memory of its flower.

just flipped through photos on BobZ's photo finder site. not sure what yah got there Bonnie. most photos of bisquamata and dichotoma dont fit but every once in awhile there is a pic that matches pretty close. i came across a picture of monanthos that looks close too but it is a form of dichotoma just like novae-zealandiae is. not sure what yah got for sure but if its being passed around as livida i would bet its some form of bisquamata or dichotoma as these are fairly common species that like to travel to other pots if not watched carefully.

Could actually be livida. When mine blooms right up near the light, or in full sun (more so in full sun), some of the blooms come out lavendar like that. It's been so long, though, that I don't remember the flower shape, just the color.

Guess I'm not that much help, really.

Some sort of U. dichotoma. Kind of off season though so maybe that's why it's a little odd looking.

U. bisquamata has a big yellow callus but it is not divided like that. U. livida sometimes has a yellow spot but doesn't have a big yellow callus. U. monanthos form has a very short inflorescence. So I would rule that out.

Tony

Back