What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia tridentata  finially flowered

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here's a picture of Utricularia tridentata. I recieved this plant from copper some time ago.
About 2 months ago, or maybe more, it started a flower stalk. Got a big flower bud on it, and took forever to open. It better stay around for a while.
Here's a quick shot of it.

133Utridentata.jpg

Owwww, Very Pretty. Can we please get another shot of the thing on top fully upright?

Thanks for sharing

Congrats elgecko. and thanks for sharing the pic.

Mine are flowering too, and as a plus I think I have some seed pods forming. This one may be self fertile so keep an eye on it!

Thanks for the info Tamlin Dawnstar, I'll keep a eye on it.
If yours turn out to be seed, let me know, thanks.

Hi guys,

As far as I remember, U.tridentata (a not very clearly-defined species, very difficult to distinguish from the multitude of U.amethystina forms) is self fertile. I just can't remember if it needs a little help though...

Fernando Rivadavia

Thanks for that insight Fernando! I have U. amythestina in cultivation now as well and will look forward all the more now to see the flowers. I think the plants fertilized themselves without any intervention on my part, a happy and rare event in this genus!

Back