What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia sp.?

Hi,

I lost the label... Can anyone ID this utric flower stalk? Thanks.

seed_stalk.sized.jpg

The utric is terrestial and has leaves similar to bisquamata from what I can tell, though larger.

-noah

Man, you don't ask for much!

How about a shot of the leaves?

Failing that, it might possibly be U. uliginosa, or possibly U. claycifida but really there is little to go by.

Hi William,

Yeah, I know... kind of pathetic of me. That's really all I had to show, though. The plant went into regression and is now showing three or four leaves as signs that it is coming back. I am rather certain it is u. uliginosa, if the seed pod is typical of the species. From the shape of the leaves there is no way it can be u. calycifida, and I thought I had aquired uliginosa at some point, so this could be the missing plant.

Many thanks! I'll post some leaf pics for a more certain ID when they are more evident and distinct.

-noah

The traps would give more diagnostic information, especially if you can magnify them with a decent hand lens/microscope. if you were able to draw a trap, scan/photograph it and post it it would be more possible to get an ID. Plus drawings of the leaves, general habit of the plant & shape of the sepals etc would all be useful.

Giles

Back