What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia parthenopipes care?

Hai everyone!
I recently got an U. Parthenopipes (as a 2x2 soil block weaved by the plant) as a gift, however I didn't able to find any description about it's care anywhere, do anyone has experience growing this plant or anyone has a care guide/sheet about this one ?
I'm currently keeping it in the conditions which are recommended to most Bladderworts (soil always very wet, partial sun and 75%+ constant humidity), are these conditions good ?

There's a good overview of growing terrestrial Utricularia here along with a nice bibliography. :https://www.carnivorousplants.org/grow/guides/TerrestrialUtriculariaGenlisea Your conditions sound good to me.
Thank you and sorry for the late reply!
So all terrestrial bladderworts should be good to kept under these rules unless stated otherwise ?
Another thing I couldn't find an answer is that if it's okay if the bladderwort's roots (or well leaves) reach pot water or if they grow into the bottom of their container which only has water but no soil ?

There will be some differences in conditions for some species but the general outline in the article works for most, at least as a place to start. Having the roots/stolons/traps grow into the water tray is fine unless you are sharing it with other pots and don't want utrics in those too! I grow U. blanchetii, which is a close relative of U. parthenopipes, in very similar conditions to those outlined by the article. 'Sounds like you might want to get that 2 x 2 block into some soil where it will spread out. Also, there are all sorts of useful postings on the subject here at TF in the Utricularia forum.

It won't affect how it's grown, but note that you may want to double-check the ID on your parthenopipes when it blooms. Most of the plants sold as partheno are actually a white form of blanchetii, because they look so similar.

Back