What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

utric pierrei

tuyen thi

BANNED
I need some information about utric pierrei and some pictures .

i need information and pictures because this plant is native to Vietnam , and that's where My fan=mily is . so if I can collect some of these plants in the wild then I would be able to cultivate them and trade them .

Okay, but it would have been helpful if you had mentioned that in the first place.

The only reference I can find is Taylor. It grows in southern Vietnam, perhaps adjacent Cambodia and Thailand. Most specimens recorded are from Thi Tinh, a hill about 70 km NW of Saigon. The rest of the data is similarly vague. Altitude is given as 1500m, recorded in flower march, june and december.

It has a twining inflorescence wih yellow flowers 1-1.7 cm long.

I does not seem likely that you would be able to find it, although if you did, make sure you record the details and preserve a specimen - there would likely be people interested in seeing it.

Good luck.

If you go to the CP database

http://www2.labs.agilent.com/bot/cp_home

and type in

L:.*VN,.*

It will list all carnivorous plants recorded in Vietnam. There are quite a few, including lots of utrics.

You would then need to search the web, or go to a university library and look at a copy of "The Genus Utricularia" by Peter Taylor to find more information.

Back