What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using search feature on this site

I keep trying to do searches on the names of the sundews and utrics I've got coming but I continue to either get "no items found" or a return on everything that starts with Utricularia or Drosera (or D. or U.). Is there a way to do a search for just certain plants like "Drosera enodes" and "Utricularia alpina" etc...? I tried the the "" marks and Drosera + enodes but I get errors....

Anybody got any ideas on the search feature or will I just have to start at the begining and work my way up til today? Thanks!
smile.gif

Hey Sword, i just ran a search on Googles and both the plants where there.

Ok...
smile.gif

There are many drop down menus to go through to get your search going ( I just tried using it and was like D@m
smile.gif
)

Make sure you are searching through 'All open forums'; in the forum select thingie
smile.gif

Do search from today ( select that ) and click on 'older'

And of course add what you are searching.

I never realized that it was such a pain to do a search, but it is pretty cool that you can
smile.gif

Hope this helps!

George I can find them on Google too, I'm looking for them here at the great PFT forums so I can see what kinds of discussions folks have had already concerning these plants before I ask everyone to repeat their previous writings.

BTW does anyone know how to make a grey box topic at the top like "All you wanted to know about dormancy"? I'd like to post an article on terrarium lighting so people will be able to read that instead of bits and pieces here and there in 1000 different posts.

Not positive, but I think that only Phil and Jeff can make a topic Grey shaded... Ram made one, but I THINK that it was Phil and Jeff who 'upgraded' it...

Swords...

If you send me the article or even post it and then let me know what it is...I can pin it to the top so everyone can read it.

I can even lock it so no one posts to it, and it is just 'read only' thing
smile.gif

Good idea on the lighting swords...

It seems all us planted aquarium nuts lucked out in having great lighting systems already in place when we started our plant hobbies!

Back