What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

URGENT, Need plantsitters.

Hi TF,
I have been having health problems and can't really take care of my cp's very well.
If I don't find some caretakers they will most likely die.
This year I have had a fully separated shoulder that I'm planning to have a operation on to fix so I can use my right arm.
I also have a bad blood clot in my leg limiting mobility and that won't be better for at least a few more month's.
So i'm getting rid of as many as possible in the next week or 2.
But I have 100's of cp's and am looking for 1 or more people with the space, time, and experience to plant sit them for a while.
Anyone who can do this can take as many cutting/divisions as they want and probably keep a bunch of them.
Also, How would I ship a large amount of plant's?
How does EP/BE ship theirs?
PM me if you can do this.
Thanks,
Zero/Adam

Large box

Large, heavy boxes: UPS
Good luck, My wife has similar shoulder situation. :(

Sorry to hear it...
Wish you the best.

Sorry to hear about that, I had/have some medical issues that started last year and ended up losing about 1/4th of my collection due to neglect. From looking back at what I went through, I really wish I would have sold/gaveaway more of them back then. Trying to keep up week after week was rough. With this last giveaway I think I'm down to a volume I can take care of properly again.

The best option would be to find someone close you could drive them over. Otherwise, large boxes and UPS/Fedex.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Adam. I lost so many plants during my knee injuries, for the simple reason that it's difficult to water plants while on crutches! It sounds like a very smart move to have somebody watch them for a while.

Where are you located? I agree that the easiest thing might be to try and find somebody nearby to take them. It's starting to get cold, and shipping might be risky. And, when you're feeling better you'll be able to visit them!

That's tough. I was down and out last year for a month. My girlfriend was kind enough to take care of the plants for me. You have quite the growlist and not sure if I have enough space for even half of that but if there's anything I can do feel free to let me know. and feel better soon.

My sympathies. I'm sure there is someone near enough to you to just pcik them up.

I have room for some HL neps and the heli if you want. I also could make room for some pings and a few LL neps too I think.

I hope you get all those health issues worked out soon. :-(

I am in CA, but I have some room to spate in the gh for HL plants. I also have lots of space for outdoor temperates.

Back