What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upright growing vfts

Does anyone grow any vfts with a strong "most of the time" upright growing habit? Can anyone post pics?

SW Giant grows upright after the first few low lying spring leaves.

SWGiant.jpg

My Green Dragons all have upright growing traps. They revert to ground hugging traps come dormancy time. Here are a couple pics...

This one is July 2003...
cppics72703021.jpg

This one is same plant in October 2003
VFT1013_009.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Phil Golding has a plant that he calls "Creeping Death" that has long thin upright petioles.
VFTCreepingDeath308.JPG

Later in the season, they droop over the pot
http://www.ourcpsite.com/creeper.html
And then in winter dormancy, produce short "normal" leaves.
VFTCreepingDeath1032.JPG

Bobz,that looks like var. filiforma to me.

I have "Creeping Death". Pondboy, I think you're right, it looks like that to me as well. Alvin, I am so jealous of you, still trying to get a true SWG.

The UK has a whole bunch of VFTs out of reach to us Americans. It's a miner nuisance.

Hey uglypho, I'm in talks with an excellent grower to import SWG and many more of the appealing ones, if possible. It may or may not happen, next spring. I have wanted several since I discovered them :South West Giant; Dirk Ventham's Giant(G16); Rosy Red, Big Traps;MegaTraps;1979 clone,etc.

Hi zappafan, hope you aquire such clones. You probably be the only person in the US to have such clones.
wink.gif

Oh ya, just to tell ya, the Dirk Ventham's Giant is known as the G14 in Graham's collection while the G16 is a rosetted plants with huge red traps once known as "Slack's Giant."
I really hope you aquire those plants btw.
smile.gif

Does this mystery person's name start with an "M'.
wink.gif

Thanks uglypho for correcting me. I didn't have my notes handy. No the mystery man's name does not start with "M". Maybe you have some news for me ?
biggrin.gif

Hhhmmm, a late topic but I just aquired VFT clone "Spider" that grows erect all yeat with very long petioles and large traps. Mines still suppose to be a baby.

Back