What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on the plantlets

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
I have misted them regularily, kept them in shade, no improvement. Just did a humidity temp reading where they are, 94% humidity, 80*F, no change in the the plantlets. all new growth is badly wilted, and now the parent plant is starting to object to the lack of sun and misting.

Sounds bad and I have no advice, but if you pm Shloaty, he might could help you.(That's who I ask when I need help.)
Wesley
biggrin.gif

Okay, it's official, I just pulled the wilted brown slime that was my plantlets out of the pot, and am now going to start easing the parent plant back into it's normal routine...

Oh well, live and learn as they say... and I have learned that no else touches my plants again.. EVER!!

Thanks to all for the help it was very much appreciated.

Mae

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your calloused handiman.

I know I would be ecstatic at the first time I saw those tiny little buggers emerge.

Unfortunately, like every baby in Nature; they haven't been able to build up the resiliency that the adult plant has.

No 'fat' reserves so to speak.

Give yourself a treat and buy a couple of potted mature plants here; maybe some Green Dragons. I just got some and they are doing fine so far.

Back