What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on cuttings

G

The cuttings of N. sanguinea dark, and N. bongso x maxima that I took on Dec. 1, are already showing signs of rooting. All 11 of them have nodes that are beginning to grow. Looks like a 100% strike
smile.gif

Nathaniel,

the 3 cutting i recieved from you are still not showing any signs of rooting but, they are still green in color which is good. don't actually remember when i got them or planted them but, it wasn't that long ago. just giving them some more time to see what happens. thanks

You guys should have no problems these are easy species to prop via stem cuttings.

Peace

khai, thanks for the info i have rooted maxima and sanguinea before but never bongso

I didn't expect them to turn out so well, as this was my first time taking Nepenthes cuttings. Now I just need to propogate them via tissue culture, so I can see the lower pitchers
mad.gif

Nathaniel,

Did you use sphagnum to root them?
I could be wrong on this, but if you let the plants vine out over the pot so that the growing point falls below the soil surface, at some point a basal rosette should form. Won't the pitchers formed on the rosette always be lower? That has been my limited experience, but someone correct me if I am in error.

Regards,

Joe

You are correct Griffen. And, I used vermiculite, which seems to work wonders
smile.gif

Back