What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown vft

I have been wondering what kind of VFT this is, it is the only one I have ever seen with long kind of curly teeth on it.

unknownvft.JPG

The curly teeth thing could be from humidity. It looks like a nice vft none the less. Nice coloring as well.

What kind of lights are you using btw?

Looks like just a "typical" VFT. It doesn't really have any traits (that I can see) that scream any given cultivar to me.
Nice, healthy plant, though!
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vertigo @ Sep. 16 2003,9:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What kind of lights are you using btw?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I just have the plant on a windowsill, it is a very sunny windowsill though. It probably gets around 6 hours of direct sun everyday.

I am currently trying to label all my CP's and here is a picture of another VFT which I am not sure about?   It seems like all my other VFT's grow up off the ground, this seems to be the only one that grows on the ground.  It also has much wider leaves than any other of my VFT's.  Not much of a red tint at all, all my others have the deep reddish tint in the mouth.  Thanks for the help
smile.gif

pp8.JPG

This one also looks like a "typical" VFT. In any batch of seeds from a common VFT, there are wide variations in appearance of the offspring -- some are more red, others a bit larger. There are, however, occasionally some truly anomalous VFT plants (such as all red plants, dentate or serrated traps, etc), but most are minor genetic variations. Many of the unregistered names are simply marketing schemes to get folks to buy a plant that is "different". A lot of these, when grown side-by-side under identical conditions, look very much alike.

Back