What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Pings

Just for reference here is a P. 'Pirouette' and smaller pullings. Originally from Jimscott. Not quite in the full summer leaf configuration. Judging based on color is not a sure bet since it depends on the season and the light source grown under. Even replacing an old bulb with unused bulb from the same batch can make a difference.

NaN thanks for the reply. I assume color-wise you are referring to my comparing weser and pirouette? Hmm, they do grow in the same tray under the same light in the same soil mix.
Here's weser few weeks after potting. It was lifting itself from the soil so I later pulled some leaves out and replanted it.

20110913_059b.jpg

It is even redder now :) But I do agree that it is not a deciding factor. I guess I will mark both plants in question as P. Pirouette tentatively for now and wait until they grow larger and flower.
Thank you.

I agree that #1 and #2 look to be the same plant. They also look very similar to my P. moranaensis roseii, especially the photo posted above my post.

jimscott, do you have that plant in your collection that was maybe sent to gill_za?

Here is a crappy photo of mine that has been a little neglected as of late. Recently moving took a bit of a toll on some plants.

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/31drew31/Plants/?action=view&current=043177ba.jpg

Hmm the leaves of your ping seem to be more elongated near the center unlike what I have.

On the side note 31drew31 did you notice any correlation in the tendency of pings to "lift" themselves (I think your ping does that in the pic) versus what soil thy are in? I think pure perlite tends to do this ti mine.

I havent really had that problem, this one came looking like that from shipping and I was in a hurry and just potted it up quickly. Normally I pull off all the older leaves and only leave the newest 50% or so, but didnt on this one. I am changing up my grow area here soon, and will be repotting all of the pings that I potted up quickly because most are just sitting on the surface, and have been for about 6 weeks haha.

Here's what they look like today:

001-11.jpg

suite

no flower for all these ping

very very difficult to determinate without flower :blush:

jeff

I guess I am too excited to find out what they were.
For now I'm marking Unknown 1 and Unknown 2 as P. pirouette
Unknown 3 is P. esseriana.
Once the plants flower I'll post the pics here.

Thank you all!

Back