What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown nep

• Thread starter zac
  • Start date
Here's the new pitcher:

Side view:
SideView.jpg

Front view:
FrontView.jpg

Peristome:
Peristome.jpg

Any ideas,
Zac

I still think its ventricosa...

And I still think it is not quite pure ventricosa. For the large size of the pitcher in the most recent pic, pure ventricosa would be more, well, ventricose. The mouth is actually quite constricted. The venation of the pitcher body also has that alata look to it. But the peristome is strongly ventricosa. It may turn out to be pure ventricosa, but it needs a much more constricted waist. When it gets a bit bigger...

HAHAHA. It seems I have come a long way since august and I would now agree that this is a pure ventricosa. What do you guys think?

P1010017.jpg

and Peristome:

P1010018.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys,

Zac

Looks like your plant has made some nice progress! I bet it's happy you rescued it from Home Depot
smile.gif

I also think it's a pure N. ventricosa, by the way.

I wish my Homedepo sold Ventricosa's Then I would bring them back to health and give one to every beginer that signed on to the forums!

Awsome pictures by the way, youre camera skills have improved!

While supplys last.
Cheers

They are a great beginnner plant. This one particularly has taken off, it seems that it puts out a new pitcher every week and they keep getting bigger!

Zac

Yep Ventricosa "red" i think. very nice! wish mine would take off like that...i got a Ventrata in november and still no pitchers!!!!1
mad.gif
...its making me rely mad. however i finally got a pitcher on my mutant nep(TC mutant). yay!
alex

Back