What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unique USPS problem

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
So.. I've been expecting a package of sand from my buddy Jerry in Oregon. After waiting nearly 2.5 weeks for this priority package to come from USPS, I found it sitting on my porch this morning.
Checked the shipping label, and sure enough.. it's the package I've been waiting for! Yay..

So I get the package open to find there is no sand, but rather 3 religious books. :scratch: What the dilly?!?!?
There were 2 pamphlets on "World Religions made easy" and a big book called "Autumn in the Heavenly Kingdom ~ China, The West, and the epic story of the Taiping Civil War"
There was also an invoice in there for a woman who purchased the two pamphlets with her credit card.

I was able to call and talk to the woman, but she didn't have the sand.. or any idea what the larger book was.

SO.. I'm assuming the package broke open, spilling the sand everywhere. And rather than having 1 person screwed over, they decided to screw over 3. The religious woman, myself, and whoever the China book belongs to.

So.. yeah. This was definitely a first.

Wow...what a mess!

Wow...what a mess!

I know, right. And USPS won't ship the two pamphlets to the woman. They said I can bring them down to the post office and they'll just toss them in lost and found. Even though I have the invoice with the woman's address. Figure that one out..

That's sad, they screw up and can fix half the problem, but yet they won't ? WOW !

I had Fed Ex drop off a large box the other day and I knew it wasn't mine even though it had my name & address on it, the sender had sent me something a week ago and screwed up and printed out my shipping label instead. I asked the driver if I could quick call the sender and see what's going on because I didn't want the hassles of figuring it out and hauling it to fed ex again. The Driver understood, waited while I called and I put the correct address on the box per the senders instructions and Fed Ex said they would eat the extra costs.

Wonder why the USPS says there going broke ? They don't understand customer service as they don't look at us like customers.

Dan

That's sad, they screw up and can fix half the problem, but yet they won't ? WOW !

yeah.. I didn't get pissed until they said they wouldn't ship the woman her religious books. I don't see why they won't. We've got the invoice, name, address, her order number.. you name it.

That's really odd..... The Taiping Civil War book does sound pretty interesting, though.

Not as big of a mess up as when they delivered a guitar and amplifier to someone else, who kept both.

that is just. insane.. and wrong.. how the hell can our postal service get away with that crap?

This is exactly why USPS is bankrupt and people tend to stick with UPS and FEDEX.. geez how ridiculous..

@wireman I really hope it wasnt a super nice guitar and amp... and WHY SHIP A GUITAR AND AMP USPS?!!! sorry lol :D

I just can't sand it when USPS messes up orders. I wish someone would throw the book at them.

and they raised there prices on monday,do you get a raise when you do shiity work ?

@wireman I really hope it wasnt a super nice guitar and amp... and WHY SHIP A GUITAR AND AMP USPS?!!! sorry lol :D

It was a base model ESP and Guitar Research amp. The place we ordered them from used USPS, and the did send replacements with no charge.

It was a base model ESP and Guitar Research amp. The place we ordered them from used USPS, and the did send replacements with no charge.

I suddenly don't feel so bad about losing a box of sand..

Back