What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultratiny green heads peeking =)

Waaaa!! So cute!
Tamlin, the seeds you sent me are making tiny tiny leaves peeking through their peat =D. Nidiformis 'red' is definitely the champion, with at least two or three times more seedlings than it's colleages. =)
I'm so happy! I was worried I had done something wrong and that they weren't going to show up.

I will leave them where they are for a while and them move them someplace with more light.

=D

YAY for you Cath, that is great news
smile.gif
!!!!

in a few months you'll actually have something you could show people
smile_m_32.gif

I know no-one who has even been able to see my D.tokainesis and they've been growing for almost 3 weeks
biggrin.gif

PS don't worry if you don't hear much from me for a month or so, the busted arm has slowed me down good (if you do "hear" from me, don't be surprised if it's kinda short)

Excellent!!! Congratulations!

I should mention that there have been instances of uncontrolled fertilization in the past in my collection. When your plants are mature, please get hold of me with some photos, and I will confirm they remain a pure strain. The SOuth African's are worrisome in this regard, and I rarely get to see any of the results from seed I give away, although granting the above, it would be wise.

Good growing! D. nidiformis grow relatively quickly, and are short lived. Keep me in mind for some seed just in case I lose my stock when you have a lot!

I love hearing that someone got germination from the seed I sent. It happens rarely, so I often feel I am just sending it off to vanish from the face of the earth. Thanks for letting me know!

Mabudon : you have a busted arm?!? I didn't know...what happened?
(And I don't know what's a D.Tokainesis, but it sounds nice ^_^, does no one "see" them because they are too small yet?)

Tamlin : Don't worry, I was so happy you would have to tie me up so I wouldn't tell everyone about it.
And besides, while I do not really mind if they are hybrids or anything, I do mind getting them to grow; so I would rather get a hold of you as soon as possible to get your advice on how to "guide" them to maturity, you did grow the mother plant after all, so if anything else, this proves you know your stuff.
I know I'm going to love nidiformis =). I'll happily keep some seeds for you, just remind me to do so when we get there. =)

(Btw, should I leave them on their windowsill for now, or move them inside ther plastic bags and find some room in my terrarium for them, to give them longer photoperod?
Hehe, already bugging you for expertise ^_^ bear with me.)

my nidiformis, im guessing its the green form, is growing quite happily along side my capensis typical and albino. its on the same timer as my nep tank so its getting 14 hours of light. tray system for watering. thats about it. mine is spreading and has bloomed but i dont seem to get much in the way of seed from it compared to capensis.

Rattler

Well, I supposed they have basically the same needs. What I would like you guys to tell me if, what each stage of germination requires what, and how to tell such a stage has been reached.
I know that in the beginning there need be a lot of humidity and afterwards good light is required, but when should they be switched place for better light?

Back