What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Tiny frogs

Omg that's awesome, i wanna have some in my amp :D

OMG that's the cutest thing I've seen today!

Nice find. They're so cute it hurts.
~Joe

Thats awesome!

Fantastic!

I noticed the article says "these pitcher plants only eat leaves". I know that was a conjecture in the Nepenthes of Borneo book but now that is confirmed? Should I be putting oak leaf mold into the pitchers? Mine naturally catch a few of the crickets put in for the crabs.

I feed my amps dried up foliage that I come across when I prune my terrarium - they don't seem to mind at all.
~Joe

Very beautiful indeed. Wow!! The miracles of nature eh? An ecosystem in a small pitcher. BTW....what do they do when the pitchers die out? Move to the next one? ;p What if it already has a resident? Wait for the next new one to open? :p

i dont think there are more frogs then pitchers on a plant, or else they would have probably been discovered a lot sooner.

OMG that is adorable :D

AW DANG.
You beat me to it, I was JUST about to post about these crazy little guys.

Amazing. I never knew such little frogs existed. Must be a tough existence for them. Even insects would chomp them.

Its on the singaporean newpaper today .

Haha those little dudes are awesome! Nature really never ceases to amaze me :D

I'd be willing to bet these guys would live on Springtails, cos even small fruit fly species might be too big for them. I'll let you all know if I locate any for sale! LOL

Quogue- The frog in that picture looks like he is totally trying to be tough and defend his pitcher!

Back