What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh Oh! Tiny Bugs in My Ventricosa Pot!! [PICS]

I wanted to take some updated pics of my Nep, and when doing so, I saw all these little guys running around. It seemed like most were white, but there were some dark ones, too. Perlite and the hemlock needle-leaf can be used as size reference.

Picture+111.png

Picture+114.png

Are these good guys are bad guys?

I don't know about the bugs, you're sure to find them in just about every type of soil. They don't LOOK harmful, but I could be wrong. I would not use hemlock leaves as leaf litter though as they may contain allelopathic compounds though.

I don't know about the bugs, you're sure to find them in just about every type of soil. They don't LOOK harmful, but I could be wrong. I would not use hemlock leaves as leaf litter though as they may contain allelopathic compounds though.

I didn't put the hemlock leaves there, they just kinda fell on them when I kept my plant on my deck outside. I could easily take them off the top, and I think I will now. Thanks for that.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

springtails -- harmless

I hope that's what they are then. I read a couple other threads where people said springtails, but I wasn't sure if the description fit. Someone mentioned jumping. I guess I didn't wait around long enough to see if these guys would jump. Thanks. :)

I hope that's what they are then. I read a couple other threads where people said springtails, but I wasn't sure if the description fit. Someone mentioned jumping. I guess I didn't wait around long enough to see if these guys would jump. Thanks. :)

Spray some neem, that makes em jump like crazy.

Just to be safe, you should kill 'em with fire! ;)

Back