What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.sandersonnii

• Thread starter dewy
  • Start date
OK,so my U.sandersonnii blue is producing alot of new stolons(lolons). The problem is, they are going almost straight up in the air, while some are near the ground. Do I need to bury them under the peat moss, or are they supposed to stay off of the ground?
Thanks,
dewy

For a second there I thought you were going to say that it is flowering profusely for you.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 21 2005,6:37)]For a second there I thought you were going to say that it is flowering profusely for you.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Well, I have noticed a flower stalk on both the livida, and now the sandersonnii blue
smile_n_32.gif
So rattler, should I bury them in the soil or leave them be?

leave them. sandersonii grows above the soil for the most part rather than in the soil like livida. its completly normal. watch it cause it will creep over the side of the pot and invade nearby pots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewy @ Nov. 21 2005,6:53)]Well, I have noticed a flower stalk on both the livida, and now the sandersonnii blue
smile_n_32.gif

Of course! Surprised that Sheridan didn't have a little fun with it!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 22 2005,5:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewy @ Nov. 21 2005,6:53)]Well, I have noticed a flower stalk on both the livida, and now the sandersonnii blue
smile_n_32.gif

Of course! Surprised that Sheridan didn't have a little fun with it!  
smile_n_32.gif
It is amazing how I can get a small clump of U.sandersonnii blue,that is not well established, to flower; while Jimscott has a very large clump, but no flowers.  
smile_n_32.gif

Poor Jimscott
Has alot
Of U.sandersonnii blue
But he  can't even get
A flower or two

lol sorry to disappoint you Jim, was busy and didnt even think about it
smile_m_32.gif
ill make sure to get yah next time
smile_n_32.gif

LOL! I knew I could count on you guys!

Hey don't feel bad Jim, my blue (from your blue) is just sitting there as well... It seems more interested in colonizing rather than flowering.

Perhaps it has decided clone colonies are a more efficient solution and has given up sex althogether!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]leave them. sandersonii grows above the soil for the most part rather than in the soil like livida. its completly normal. watch it cause it will creep over the side of the pot and invade nearby pots.

Has your plant really invaded other pots like that? That's so cool! I've always found "weed" CPs to be very fascinating. Maybe that's why I love D. burmannii so much
cool.gif

no it hasnt actually invaded but thats cause ive kept a close eye on it. if i were to just let it run it would have crossed to other pots without a problem.

Back