What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.sandersonii

Cindy

Staff member
Hi,

I see little matchstick-like things growing out among the leaves...problem is that I don't see flowers so I'm not sure if they are flower spikes.

Besides, the little matchsticks have been in that state for a couple of weeks. I'm confused. Too little light?
smile_l_32.gif

Hey sis, does it bear any resemblence to this out of focus pic?

101_0172.jpg

Mine bloomed just by siting at the window sill. No special requirements provided. Very easy plant.

Do these little matchstick-like things look like those in the lower left of this D. scorpioides photo? If so, they are moss spore capsules.
D_scorpioides1140.JPG

Here is what U. sandersonii flower buds look like.
U_sandersonii_typicalbunch.JPG

man this species sure does bloom in mass. i wish the blue variety would too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 19 2004,1:12)]man this species sure does bloom in mass. i wish the blue variety would too.
Yeah, really!

Gee, your pic of sandersonii looks just a wee bit better than mine. Cheap complimentary Earthlink camera! AARRGGH!!!

Beautiful bunny ears!

I'm sure there are flower spikes by now. Just a few of them but they are kind of stunted, in a state of shock...not growing after reaching about an inch tall.
confused.gif
But then again, the number of leaves are still few, maybe 20-30 blades only so I'll wait and see. Thanks a lot, guys.
smile.gif

Back