What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. reniformis scale infestation?

I was watering my plants today, and I noticed these on the stalks of the "leaves". Is this a scale infestation? If so how should I treat? Can I just pick them off until they don't come back, or will it require some sort of chemical aid? Also are the utrics sensitive to pesticides?

ececb0d3-5cad-457c-9334-42c261e53b99.jpg

Definitely armored scale, and definitely use neonicotinoids to get rid of them. Most sprays are ineffective; only systemics will kill them. Quarantine this plant and check all surrounding ones for the pest, too. Hand-picking will only serve to spread their eggs, which ingeniously enough they keep underneath the shells.

Neonics like imidacloprid are safe on Utrics when used at label rates.

Last edited:
I've got Bayer Rose &Flower that I've used on Sarracenia in the past. It contains Imidacloprid, I've just never had pests on Utricularia so I wanted to make sure before I drench the thing. Thank you very much.

No problem. And yep, your Bayer stuff is the way to go.

Back