What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia & tridenta flowers

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
A couple of my Utricularia decided to treat me to some flowers. First up U. longifolia
200652328O567286231.jpg

and my U. tridenta
200652299O067697594.jpg

Now if I could only get the sandersonii to bloom :blush:

Congrats on getting the U. longifolia to flower. Did you do anything special to get it to flower? Those look great!

xvart.

Now if I could only get the sandersonii to bloom
wow....what form do you have!? haha. my longifolia looks like crap.... it has for a long while. dont know whats wrong with it.
Alex

Congrats on getting the U. longifolia to flower. Did you do anything special to get it to flower? Those look great!
Thanks, I treated it like the rest of my utrics. It gets some direct light as there is a small shelf of plants between it and the south window it sits in. So whatever sun gets past the shelf is all it gets.

wow....what form do you have!? haha. my longifolia looks like crap.... it has for a long while. dont know whats wrong with it.
Alex
I have just the regular form right now. My "Blue" form did a disappearing act late this last winter. My longifolia looks crappy too if you don't count the flowers. I have been battling some type of mold on it's leaves all winter. I think I finally cured that about a month ago as I haven't seen any fuzz on the leaves in that time.

a gray fuzzy mold? i had the same thing on mine! i have the blue form of snadersonii. if you want a plug just ask and ill send ya some.
Alex

Great job! I'm with xvart on what ya did. Is your light from a fluorescent bulb or out in the Colorado sun? Mine are under artificial lighting, flooded once a week, and no action. Oddly, believe it or not, I just spied a flower stalk on U. sandersonii blue (no pictures yet!).

Is your light from a fluorescent bulb or out in the Colorado sun?
I consider it Pure Colorado sun. My plants are in the same room my computer is and I spend most of my free time on the computer so the lights are on 'til late in the evening but I don't think they are near enough to contribute much to the plants. I have my plant sitting in a tray of water that I allow to dry out, but I dont allow the LFS the plant is in to dry out.

Oddly, believe it or not, I just spied a flower stalk on U. sandersonii blue (no pictures yet!).
OK Jim, rub it in. They say turn about is fairplay and after doing the same to you a couple years ago with the U. s. "Blue" you sent me, I have it coming. :hail: Seriously, Congrats! You've been working at them for a while and I look foreward to seeing your pics.

@glider14 I'm PMing you!

Oddly, believe it or not, I just spied a flower stalk on U. sandersonii blue (no pictures yet!).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! now what am i going to tease you about!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! now what am i going to tease you about!

We'll find something rattler. Until then there is always the "stream of death" that eats CPs.

Back