What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.livida

I have a pot of U.livida that looks like it has some U. calycifida growing in. Most of the "U.livida" leaves have a rounded edge. However, some of the leaves are notched. Is this normal or do I have another Utric. in the mix?

My livida occasionally gets little heart shaped leaves if that is what you mean.

You would know for sure if you had calycifida because the leaves are significantly larger (dime to quarter sized) and heavily veined in purple.

Pyro

I concur. The blue-flowered variety especially seems to produce big leaves with wavy margins. If you had livida and calycifida together there would be no question which one was which.

The U. livida leaves do resamble a streched heart shape. I also purchased a pot of U. calycifida from the same place as the U.livida, so I guessed a few seeds droped in. Will they grow ok together or should I try to divide out the calycifida?

I believe the 2 species might just be ok to grow together: calycifida is larger in all respects and so would probably stand up to the livida. Personally I prefer my species kept seperate, so I would take a bit of the livida and restart it just to be on the safe side.

Back