What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. inflata

i had a bunch of U. inflata and it was growing great! well, i went to check on it and someone flippid the wine barrel i had it in and dumped it all over the ground. by the time i found it, my inflata were all dry and dead... IT MAKES ME SOOO MAD WHEN PEOPLE DESTROY STUFF!!!!
mad.gif

-josh

Put it back in water an hope for the best. In the wild I am sure these plants suffer periods of drought. You never know, maybe it'll revive itself.

And if it does put a big sign on the barrel that says:

IF THIS ISN'T YOURS AND I FIND YOU MESSING WITH IT I WILL CHOP YOU UP AND FEED YOU TO MY CARNIVOROUS PLANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That should discourage people from bothering it.

Pyro

Man, that's awful. Good luck trying to revive the plant.
Other than the warning Pyro suggested, there's always "Warning - this barrel contains hydrochloric acid. Do not put hands or feet in or on barrel."

I am going to play the devils advcoate here. What was a pond of plants to you might have been percieved as a mosiquto factory to some one else. When you set it up again make a sign to let people know that their are important plants in it and use mosiquto dunks to control the mosiquto population. You may also want to put a small potted plant in also, they help control the algie. But keep a lookout for snails, they love to eat the plants.

ok, heres my situation

cant revive them. theyve been cooking in the sun and are toast! and for people thinking its a mosuito factory....every one here already knew what it was...someone came in my yard and felt like bein an a$$ hole and tipping it over...it was probly my moms x- husband...hes done things like that before. well, ill just hafta get more some day. take care everybody!

ohh, i like the hydrochloric acid sign idea...lol!!!!

Back