What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. gibba

G

My U. gibba seeds won't sprout!

i am growing u gibba,id love to have some seeds though.how were you trying to germinate them?

I was told to do the sand-on-top-of-peat thing in a small bucket and then put the seeds in. It's been a month or two and I still don't see anything happening. Do they need a certain temperature or something? I've only ever grown U. gibba from cuttings.. this is my first time trying seed.
My poor plants.. My sisters dog came to visit and thought the bucket was a watering hole so he drank the whole thing.. and ate the plants!!
sad.gif

So now all I have are these seeds that don't like me.. am I doing something wrong?

should try to use a jar that way there is more humidity,but i have not grown mine from seed.mine was given to me by magore on here,and might i add she was very helpful in sending them to me and provoding info on growing and raising them.

Back