What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. bisquamata

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
In the midst of a container of 3 month old bisquamata plants is a 2.5" flower stalk, with a white bud. Is that a bisquamata or is it some stray thing that blew into my outdoor container? I thought bisquamata has yellow flowers. Or am I confusing it with the Betty's Bay type?

There is a white flowered form. Is the flower open fully? If you are familiar with Bettys Bay, the typical form is the same, only smaller overall. I assume the white form would look just the same as the typical, only lacking color. Check Bob Z's site for photos to compare. Pay attention to the upper lip of the flower, the length of the spur and how it is oriented, and the bulge in the front of the flower. You should be able to tell, this is a fairly distinct flower form in the genus.

The flower has not opened. That stalk appeared from out of nowhere - either that or I wasn't paying attention!

P.S. - Luv your newest signature!

Back