What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two new pinguicula from mexico

S.Zamudio have just published two new species of Pinguicula :
P. ibarrae and P. martinezii

P.ibarrae

P_sp_Tlanchinol_031(LR).jpg

P_sp_Tlanchinol_055(LR).jpg

Both are "closed" to P. pilosa, P. agnata for few caracteres.

For the persons that visit sometimes A WORLD OF PINGUICULA, P. ibarrae is the species visited by Fernando RIVADAVIA in his postcard n°6 (Hi Fernando
smile_m_32.gif
)

More in few weeks

Cheers

COOL!!!!!!!!

It's great to hear that the P.sp.Tlanchinol has been not only published, but named after the person who discovered it, our friend Adolfo Ibarra!

What about the other species, P.martinezii, any news about where this comes from? I remember Zamudio was working on an agnata-like plant that grew near P.calderoniae. I think he even mentioned finding natural hybrids between these species. Is this the new species?

Anyways, do you have a copy of the paper you could send me by e-mail Eric? Also, I guess we can put postcard 6 back to its old form. ;)

Best Wishes,
Fernando Rivadavia

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anyways, do you have a copy of the paper you could send me by e-mail Eric? Also, I guess we can put postcard 6 back to its old form. ;)
Hi Fernando,

I guess what you mean  
smile_m_32.gif

I am working on the new species pages but the authors should published regularly and not all together at the same time.

The second species is from Llano Chiquito in Queretaro state.

Sure I can post you the publication and the one from Cuba (BTW, what about Cuba as holydays destinations ?)
smile_n_32.gif

Did you heard about Ed. ? He seems to have desepeared from hearth

[b said:
Quote[/b] (epbb @ Mar. 12 2005,9:51)]Did you heard about Ed. ? He seems to have desepeared from hearth
I heard a rumor yesterday that Ed got Leo Song's old job at Cal State Fullerton. Only an unverified rumor, so far.

Hi Bobz,

Ed mentioned that he will be the new manager/curator of the CSUF greenhouse complex at the last LACPS meeting.

Hello Eric!

Good luck with all the work to include those new species on your webpage, hehehe! I'll write to Casper and Zamudio and ask them to publish the new species ONE AT A TIME!!
smile.gif
:)

Llano Chiquito is also the P.calderoniae location, so the new species is truly the plant I was thinking of.

As for Ed, you can all say your congratulations, he certainly did get the job!

Take Care,
Fernando Rivadavia

Back