What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuberous drosera question

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So, a question for all the tuberous Drosera growers out there. I have a great specimine of D. stolonifera that grew wonderful for me from October until about a month ago when it started to yellow as you would expect. I was going to begin drying the pot but now I have hit a snag, you see there 3 new plants coming up strong and green. This puts me in a quandy. Do I dry the pot and sacrafice the new plants? Do I keep the pot wet for the new plants and run the risk of rotting the tubers of the plants that are going dormant? Do I keep it just moist and hope to hold the balance perfectly enough to ensure the survival of both the tubers and the growing plants?

Interesting position you are in. I have two stolonifera seedling which grew until Feburary, then went dormant until April and begun growing again. I keep the pot cool and damp thoughout whole period.
I would say that the young plants will throw down tubers in a while and then go dormant. I would keep the pot damp and cool until then. There is some chance that the main tuber will not rot. I found Drosera auriculata, peltata, ramellosa, and sometimes stolonifera will handle damp conditions though dormancy.

Looks like the problem might be solving itself because 3 of the 4 new sprouts are starting the slow die back. So I guess I'll just dry the pot and leave it at that.

Back