What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuberous drosera/dormant tubers

Really any kind, dormant or not. Prefer erect or scrambling but send me any offer! I will trade almost anything on my growlist (on sarracenia.proboards.com).

Shoot me offers!

Nick

Picked a bad time of year to ask for these. Try again in summer when plants are dormant.

I thought they went dormant September thru April?

Maybe in Australia. They are in active growth here from fall until late spring/early summer.

Thanks for the info. Many sites have them for sale now. If anyone has any late risers or (shippable) active growing ones send me an offer.

-nick

Thanks for the info. Many sites have them for sale now. If anyone has any late risers or (shippable) active growing ones send me an offer.

-nick

Sure, because it's coming up on summer in Australia. You should look at the thread which gives the procedure for transitioning them from the southern to the northern hemisphere.

I believe they are shippable while active growing. Is this correct?

They are better shipped when dormant I believe

"Many" ? I know of 1 site here in the U.S. that offers them during active growth, (which while being great for selling them) is not the best idea for the novice with these plants. Start with obtaining dormant tubers in summer of easy species like D.aberrans, D.whitakkeri, D. hookeri or D.auriculata. Get those going well for a season or 2 then move up to more difficult species.

Back