What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tubaestylis dead?

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
I just received this about a month and a half ago. It took a turn about 2 weeks ago. Do I give up on this one, or is there hope?

Attachments

• 20230119_172910.jpg
    20230119_172910.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 6
I see your plant came from California. It might just be that it has run through its growth cycle and is now dormant. Here in Washington State we are in the middle of the winter growing season but farther south things happen much sooner - and end sooner, too. Being as it is not actively growing you can very gently dig it up and look to see if there is an intact tuber. If so it will need to stored properly for dormancy until next fall.

I see your plant came from California. It might just be that it has run through its growth cycle and is now dormant. Here in Washington State we are in the middle of the winter growing season but farther south things happen much sooner - and end sooner, too. Being as it is not actively growing you can very gently dig it up and look to see if there is an intact tuber. If so it will need to stored properly for dormancy until next fall.
Thanks. Let the soil dry naturally first?

Back