What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata

I feel so emberassed as I'm almost positive I asked this three years ago...

Aside from it being a lowland, what sorts of temperatures can this plant withstand? I recall someone telling of how theirs stood up to a freezing night one time, and came out of it more than alive...

My house stays around 70-75 in the wintertime, and warmer, with more fluctuation, in the summer...

Could I be successful? If I do remember correctly, this plant is not quite as demanding with respect to light either, is it?

I do like this plant, I hope I can grow it... I know I did it before, II'm just not sure if the difference in what I could supply in terms of lighting between then and now is more than it could handle...

Thanks guys!

your winter temps sound fine. it can also tolerate relatively low humidity because of the leathery vegetation.

i wouldn't let it go below 70. too much lower can stunt it.

i keep mine under 440 watts of vho, 40 watts of NO.

I keep it as with my other lowland plants at 93-95 F now in summer. and night temperaturs never drop lower then 75 F
In winter Ill guess its about 84-86 F Day and 73 F Night

I have planted mine in 60%LFS 10% peat and 30% Perlit
And I light it with 2x36 w cold white floureoscent tubes on a 14 hour photo period

Just pay attention that HIGH LAND TRuncata doesn't tollerate more than 32 Celsius Temperature in Summer.
My Apartment is very hot and my Nep. is suffering a little.
See yah

Mr_Aga73
Milan - ITALY

Back