What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True - 'global cooling = global cooling'

Well lets think about this logically. In the first statement it was said the Ice caps are melting and this will cause global cooling. Now what could be causing the melting? Oh Duh! Global Warming. If anyone bothers to read the many many memos about global warming on this forum they would know global cooling (hence an Ice age) is the effect. No not the permentant effect but still the most dominant effect. I think people like Alpha are obsessed with the Idea that at least 1/3 of all species will become exstinct. This is true. The others (like Scotty) are obsessed with the idea that effects of humans living can be denied. You know if you went out and killed a baby of and animal (including humans) you would increase the amount of oxygen in the air, limit the gene pool, probibly decrese the rate of cancer or heart diesease and definatly conserve resources. These are the current facts as they stand and cannot be denied.

It's also quite possible, yet not easily quantified, that both global warming is occuring due to human activity, as well as from the natural ebb and flow of of forces, apart from human activity. That's probably where reality lies.

yes. i thik so to jim

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ May 18 2005,7:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]* Aerosols have the opposite effect. Increasing atmospheric sulphates (anyone remember acid rain?) could counteract the greenhouse effect.
any sources?
The text for the class should be published by MIT press this year. I'm sure a search online would reveal some references, too.

Incidentally, just for the record i don't really consider this a valid solution, as the side effects are rather nasty. The other problem is that the exact degree of heating and cooling due to atmospheric gases is not known.

I'm for erring on the side of caution...after all, if we by accident destroy the environment..we're all goners. Period. Aprilh

Back