What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Neil,
At first I mistook fatboy as a plant, sorry no offence.

Hi all,
I do agree with Cindy, Fatboy and Neil , though I actually started CP with VFT (most still growing). Now my attitudes towards highlander CPs are; don’t buy any new one and not going extra mile for the one I already owned.

Don’t throw out your sarr yet, I have done some research on the web:

According to Kim & Barbara of Tristan's Carnivorous Plants in Hawaii
“Although we were afraid that Sarracenia would not receive enough dormancy to grow here in Hawaii, they have done just fine for 3 years creating their own dormancy with photoperiod shortening in the fall and winter.”

Closer at home;
According to Tan Hong Yee
“Regarding dormancy I've experienced are those of S.leucophylla. It also goes into dormancy on its own in our weather, and resumes growth after several months.

BTW I will be at the orchid show Sunday late morning.

Jalan Kayu, I didn't see you at the orchid festival - I was there around 1pm. I did see a tray of vft's for sale, a few pots of D.capensis and 2 stalls selling sarracenia, mainly purpurea hybrids I think. There was also several stalls selling nepenthes.

I was there at around 2 pm, the cps are not what I am looking for, bought 2 orchid plantlets.

Back