What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tropical pings

Hi are there any Tropical pings that would do ok in year round hot humid cinditions? I remember reading once about some Cuban PIngs that could grow like that. Any one femiliar with them?

Thanks

Yoav

Hi,
yes there are, but all are rare in cultivation
Im not sure, but I think the only one that is fairly common in P.sharpii, but beware, it is still hard to grow
Im sure an expert grower will be able to tell you more when they see this thread
smile_m_32.gif

you can grow most mexicans that way. i do.

just as long as you have good lighting.

What temperature range are you going to have the pings in? I have both my Mexican pings and P. primuliflora on window sills, all year round. During the winter the temps are in the 60's and in the summer it has been in the upper 80's, possibly in the low 90's. They don't complain as much as I do!

Well the temp never goes below 70F and the humidity below 80% .So is it sutiable for all mexican?...

Well the temp never goes below 70F and the humidity below 80% .So is it sutiable for all mexican?...

thats fine. just as long as they have good light and substrate.

My temperature is on average in the 80s and humidity from 65-90%. I can only grow P.x"Sethos", a mexican ping hybrid.

You will need a very airy mix for the medium. I have all pings die from root rot but not a single one from dehydration.

Back